Holding Police And Other Government Agents Accountable For Civil Rights Violations

Were you beaten by police? Did law enforcement officers illegally search your house without a warrant? Have you been wrongfully convicted of a crime you didn't commit?

If any of these situations apply to you, then your civil rights may have been violated ― and you may be entitled to justice. In fact, under both the U.S. and Minnesota Constitutions, you are guaranteed certain civil rights, including the freedom of speech, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures, freedom from false arrest and freedom from excessive force by police, among others.

When a government agent or employee, such as a police officer, violates these rights, you can seek legal recourse by filing a civil rights claim ― and we can help. At Meshbesher & Associates, we are serious about obtaining justice for our clients and their families, and we will do everything possible to help ensure this happens. With extensive experience in both criminal defense and personal injury, our attorneys are uniquely situated to handle civil rights cases as they often involve elements of both practice areas.

When Fighting For Your Civil Rights, You Need A Partner You Can Trust ― You Need Meshbesher & Associates

While most police officers and government employees perform their jobs professionally and with great care, the truth is that anyone can make bad decisions in the heat of the moment. But, just because they may have stressful jobs doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable for their poor judgment.

When this happens, our lawyers can assist you. In fact, we can help with a wide range of civil rights claims, including those associated with:

  • Police brutality and excessive force
  • False arrests and/or wrongful detentions
  • Wrongful convictions
  • Illegal searches or seizures
  • 1983 claims, which allow you to file a civil action against anyone who, while acting under the color of law, deprives you of a constitutional or statutory right

Oftentimes, civil rights cases are quite complicated. For instance, you may need to file your claim with the government before you actually file your lawsuit with the court. In any case, you need to act quickly, so contact us as soon as possible.

Don't Trust Your Case To Just Any Law Firm

When your future hangs in the balance, you need a law firm that knows how to get results. Contact us today for your FREE legal consultation. You can reach us online, or call our Minneapolis office at 612-332-2000. We represent clients throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.