Richard E. Student
I believe the best results begin with a collaborative attorney-client relationship, and are realized through hard work and perseverance. That is why I take a hands-on approach to my clients' cases from the start, and fight until their goals are achieved. My focus at Meshbesher & Associates is plaintiff's-side personal injury and civil rights cases. I have extensive experience in these areas from pre-claim investigation, through settlement negotiations, litigation and trial. I attribute my track record of success to dedicated and personalized attention to each case I handle.
I earned my bachelor's degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where I double majored in economics and philosophy. I then came home to Minnesota in 2006 and attended the University of Minnesota Law School, graduating in 2009. During law school, I was a staff member and editor with the Minnesota Journal of International Law. I am admitted to practice with the Minnesota State Bar, the Federal District Court in Minnesota and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Since joining Meshbesher & Associates in 2012, I have handled hundreds of personal injury and civil rights cases - ranging from small but important claims involving temporary injuries, to wrongful death and major civil rights cases, some of which have gained national media and government attention. I am more than happy to speak with you directly about your potential case today.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Defense
- Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2011
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Article Published: China’s New Anti-Monopoly Law: Addressing Foreign Competitors and Commentators, 17 MINN. J. INT’L L. 503 (2008)
- Law Journal: Journal of International Law , Note and Comment Editor , 2008 - 2009
- Law Journal: Journal of International Law, Staff Member, 2007 - 2008
- Miami University
- B.A. - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers Network